Course Goals and Objectives:
To complete the class with a basic understanding of the rules of perspective and the ability to apply those rules to your drawing and painting. The skills that you learn in this class will enable you to create depth in your drawings and paintings. We will cover linear perspective, one and two and three point perspective, as well as, aerial perspective, and have an enjoyable time while learning.
Suitable for all levels of artists. Accepting a minimum of 8, and maximum of 15 students. Bring a sack lunch, 30 minute lunch break.
Instructor: Lisa H. Guckelberg
10 - 10:15 Introduction and overview
10:15 - 11:45 Overview and drawing exercises centered on learning the basics of one point perspective.
11:45 - 12:15 Sack lunch break
12:15 - 2:00 Overview and drawing exercises centered on the learning of two and three point perspective.
2:00 - 2:45 Aerial Perspective
2:45 - 3:00 Questions and conclusion.
Student Supply List:
- 12” ruler or straight edge
- 18” ruler or straight edge
- 16 X 20” drawing paper (preferably a pad of paper, as we will go through a number of sheets)
- Assorted drawing pencils HB, 2B, 8B
- Kneaded Gum Eraser
- White Eraser (Factis or a like brand)
- Blending Stumps (various sizes)
- Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils Set of 24 or larger
Call the Gallery or register online